12 Things To Do Before Your Wedding-BRIDAL BEAUTY GUIDE:
1. START NOW- As soon as you get engaged it's time to start a good skin care regimen. See a dermatologist or facialist and get your game plan together. Identify your problem areas and start treating them now. If you suffer from dark circles, start using weekly eye patches like our favorite and best-sellers from WANDER BEAUTY’s Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks, set of 6 $25
2. HEALTHY EATING- According to nutritionists, to get glowing skin you need to start eating the right nutrients. after consulting a doctor or registered dietitian get a realistic & healthy game plan together and stick to it all year long! It works for me to avoid inflammatory foods such as gluten. It takes the bloating and swelling down too!
Regular Yoga Classes online like BohoBeautiful on Youtube is my favorite Husband and wife team.
3. ROUTINE STEPS- The Best way to get results is to use a consistent skincare routine. We love Drunk Elephant The Littles 3.0 Kit. Travel Skin Care Essentials Bundle w/Bag (Jelly Cleanser, SPF 30 Sunscreen, 3 Day & Night Serums, Facial Oil, Multivitamin Eye Cream, and Peptide Cream) is a super cute travel-size kit you can try many of the products including the sunscreen!
4. LAYER IT ON- Add serums and toners. We love prepping the skin right. Quick results with the expert-level Peter Thomas-Roth Skincare- PRO Strength Retinoid Peptide Serum $125 concentrations of 10% Granactive Retinoid and 5% Hexapeptide Complex in an advanced leave-on anti-aging treatment serum that works to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. PLAN AHEAD- Cosmetic Treatments After consulting a professional, make sure you have enough time to see results. Any fillers need about 2 months. ANy chemical peels, micro-needling, and laser need about 4-6 weeks before the wedding. Facials and botox need to be at least 2 weeks before the wedding. Teeth Whitening is so important and starting right after your engagement is perfect even for those important bridal portraits and events leading up to the wedding. You can use invisible braces for straighter teeth in as little at 4 months with SmileDirectClub.
6. FACETIME- You have to have amazing skin before applying makeup. Sheet masks are an amazing quick fix for those late nights or post bachelorette parties for parched skin. Try Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask - 20 ml / 0.68 oz$23
7. ON BASE- Pick a foundation that works with your skin type. Hands down the BEST foundation EVER. ELLIS FAAS SKIN VEIL $90
Most skin types and ages can use this foundation. It's buildable and completely erases pores. Every day or in photos, it's my go-to.
Ellis Faas Cosmetics also available at luckycatbeauty.com
8. BALANCING ACT- Practice runs with your makeup artist to see what parts of the face need more or less enhancing for photos and definition. Upgrade your skills with a professional and affordable set of makeup brushes Bdellium Golden Triangle Set. The rose gold ferrules and ergonomic brush handles are the ones I currently use! These are the BEST pro tools and I love the price!
9. GET CHEEKY- The best way to bring out the bone structure and add a healthy “Bonne Mine” a term we used at Laura Mercier Cosmetics. Balmy cream cheek colors in corals can never go wrong. Use cream cheek colors with a foundation brush and set with a powder blush for long wear. New innovative “face gloss” can be applied around the orbital bone and decollete for an instant pick me up. Try the new Kevyn Aucoin Unique Glass Glow Face and Body Gloss - Prism Rose - 1oz (30ml)$30
10. COMBO DEAL- Many people might have combination, dry and oily patches to the skin. Try different combos of primers/tinted moisturizers or foundations. For example, a mattifying foundation primer with a dewy finish foundation or a hydrating primer with a liquid to powder makeup. Lucky Cat Beauty Duo Mineral Powders $45layered on top of our Tinted Moisturizer $42 are a great way yo get oil control + hydration + coverage with staying power.
11.SUNKISSED- We love a subtle glow with a light organic airbrush tan and Before self-tanning, always use an exfoliator like dr. brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant, 2 fl. oz.$44 and follow with the incredible professional-grade Million Dollar Tan Sunless Tanning Mousse.
12. SPRITZER- If your skin gets a little thirsty, use a makeup setting spray like ALL Nighter from Urban Decay $40 has different setting sprays for different skin types. Evian Sprays can sometimes dehydrate the skin so we prefer the waterless Bamboo moisture hydrating spray based skin spray by Amore Pacific $35 available at Neiman Marcus Houston.
for more tips and free guides, visit, luckycatbeautyweddings.com or Follow us on Instagram @luckycatbeautyweddings
The products I mentioned are actual products that I love and use. These links may contain affiliate links which means I get a tiny referral commission. Thank you for visiting! Aubrie Layne